Mattresses without a box spring support system tend to get saggy and puffed easily. Therefore, if you are worried about your bed’s minimal comfort and durability, adding a box spring can be a good way to improve that aspect.
Having a box spring is essential if you want to improve the comfort of your bed which ultimately helps you get a good night’s sleep. To further highlight the importance of box springs, here is a short article explaining why you should consider getting one today.
What is a Box Spring?
A box spring is an additional component of mattresses that helps to provide support from underneath the bed. Also known as the foundation mattress, a box spring is made using metal springs designed to provide support to your mattress.
Types of Box Springs
A variety of box springs are available for you in the market or any furniture store. However, the two major classifications of box springs are the traditional box springs and the low-profile box springs.
Traditional Box Springs
Traditional box springs can also be called standard bed springs, which are foundation mattresses that have been used for decades. They are usually constructed with a wooden frame housing a set of springs that are about 9 inches tall. A traditional box spring can help improve your mattress’s durability, and its height also pushes the mattress further upwards, making it easier to get on and off the bed.
Low-profile Box Springs
On the other hand, low-profile box springs are similar to standard box springs, but they mainly differ in their heights and other physical features. Low-profile box springs are smaller than traditional box springs, but they play a similar role in providing foundational support for mattresses. They are suitable for short people or those who prefer lower bed height.
Why Do I Need a Bed Spring?
Here are the reasons why you should add a box spring to your mattress:
- Better mattress support: A box spring gives your mattress additional support so that it doesn’t sag or sink in the middle.
- Max Comfort: A box spring cushions movement and absorbs shock, improving the quality of your sleep.
- Better sleep: A box spring can help you get a better night’s sleep by giving your mattress a solid and evenly supported base. Adding a box spring to your luxury mattress could be the solution to all your past sleeping issues.
- Height Increase: A box spring can raise your bed by several inches, making it easier to get in and out of bed.
- Protection: By acting as a barrier between your mattress and the floor, a box spring shields it from scuffs, stains, and other harm.
- Airflow: A box spring allows air to flow beneath the mattress, reducing the spread of mold and mildew.
- Durability: By adding additional support and reducing wear and tear, a box spring aids in extending the life of your mattress.
- Noise reduction: A box spring’s ability to absorb sound and vibrations helps to reduce noise and minimize disruptions, especially when you are asleep.
- A box spring gives your bed a finished, polished look that is attractive and pleasing to you.
- Fits with most bed frames: A box spring is a flexible solution for your bedroom because it is made to fit with most bed frames. Therefore, you can use one box spring on different mattresses.
Do you know what’s important? Realizing how much a box spring can help your overall health and well-being. Trust me; it’s worth considering. However, it would be best to know the store you want to shop your box spring from to avoid not getting a quality one. One reputable store you can buy this for your spring mattress is Suilong.