When we talk about hosiery, we’re referring to the fashion of the legs. Apart from making you look good, hosiery (sometimes called stockings or legwear) garments are designed to make people, especially women, feel more comfortable and warm. Furthermore, hosiery is also effective in helping to reveal your legs while also concealing your scars and bruises.
As you now know, buying hosiery garments comes with tons of physical & health benefits. However, for you to enjoy these goodies, you need to be sure you’re buying the right products. In the rest of this post, you’ll learn how to shop correctly on Lechery New York for your favorite hosiery products.
1. Types of hosiery
One important factor you certainly want to consider during your shopping process is “the type of hosiery” you want to buy. In case you don’t know, hosiery is a type of garment that’s available in different types. Some common examples are sexy tights, pantyhose, body stockings, suspenders, leggings, knee-high socks, and many more.
One thing you need to understand is that all hosiery garments have their strengths and weaknesses. As such, you need to weigh both options before deciding the best products to buy on Lechery New York.
2. Denier size
According to many people, denier only represents the opaqueness of hosiery. If you also believe in this definition, we’ll say you’re partly correct. However, you need to understand that there’s more to denier than just your hosier’s opaqueness
Denier comes from a medieval French coin, which also goes by the name Denier. Today, one denier coin is approximately the same as a single strand of silk.
Irrespective of the type of holster you’re looking to buy, denier matters a lot. Ultra sheer is anything below 10 deniers.
- If you’re looking for a more durable garment, we’ll advise you to consider high deniers. These garments will be more suitable during the winter seasons.
- For body stockings, which you’re looking to wear regularly, the best you can do is go for 20 deniers and above.
- In tropical weather, lower deniers are way more preferable to the higher ones. That’s so because lower deniers are pretty much effective for providing the lower limbs with great breathability.
3. Denier color
Like denier sizes, denier colors also matter a lot when shopping for the best luxury tights, leggings, stockings, and knee-high socks.
When deciding the right color, you need to:
- First, you need to factor in your skin tone by only picking a product that fits your tone.
- Another factor to consider is your skirt’s hemline. Check and be sure the hosiery color and this hemline matches.
- While this is optional, you may still need to match your hosiery’s color to your shoes.
- Stay away from hosiery pieces with bright colors. Instead, we’ll advise that you go for something black, a good example is opaque black.
4. How to care for your hosiery?
You certainly don’t want to buy a product that will stress you when it comes to caring for your garment. This explains why you need to consider this factor (care) before shopping at Lechery New York for your preferred products.
- If you eventually pick a low-denier hosiery, then you need extra care to ensure the garment services you for as long as possible.
- You need to remove all your accessories when putting on your hosiery garment. This is one effective method of preventing your hosiery from damage.